Jia's Reunion Peach Gum Dessert Recipe:
1. Soak the peach gums into clean water for at least 8 -12 hours, and let them expand to their maximum size.
2. Pick out those little black specks on the peach gums after expanded. It is normal to have some black specks on them.
3. Drain the peach gum and they are ready to use. (30 grams of dried peach gums can get more than 300 grams)
4. Bring water to a boil. Add pandan leaves, goji berries, dried longan, and red dates.
5. Lower the heat and cover to let them simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. After that, add the soaked peach gums and let them simmer for another 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them or they will melt and disappear into the soup.
7. Turn off the heat and , serve in bowl, then add in 1/2 teaspoon of chia seed and raw honey. The residual heat will expand the chia seed. Leave it for 20mins.
8.Peach gum dessert can be served warm or chilled.